DWSS

 






In the 1970s, the station began its broadcast as DWEE owned by Radio One Complex, featuring music programs. The station’s studios was situated at the now Philippine Christian University campus in Taft Avenue, Manila.

In 1991, Ultrasonic Broadcasting System bought the station and changed its callsign to DWLR. Its studios were relocated to SYSU Bldg. in Quezon City. In 1993, the call sign was changed to DWSS, airing Christian music under the name 1494 K-LOVE. Considering the owner’s strong family religious background, this was their 1st venture into religious programming, way before Saved began airing on Energy FM years later. In 1996, Manny Luzon took over the station’s operations and revamped DWSS as a blocktime station. In 2004, it was sold to FBS Radio Network, in exchange of the latter’s stations in Dagupan and Cebu.

It was once home of Nar Pineda, Ducky Paredes, Ruben Ilagan and other Powerhouse Broadcasters since the demise of DZXQ in March 2011,[2] as well as the Tagalog-languaged broadcast of Family Radio during evenings.

Please visit the website for more details www.dwss1494.fm